Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets With Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
2 cups AtlantaFresh Plain Greek Yogurt, any fat level
5 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
6+ TBSP Canola Oil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
4 cups Almond Meal
- 1-2 hours before baking: Cut boneless chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Marinate chicken breast pieces in 2 cups of AtlantaFresh Buttermilk or Plain Greek Yogurt in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Toast almond meal in skillet over medium heat stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. As soon as light browning occurs, remove from skillet and pour into sheet pan, add the salt, and spread to cool in pan.
- Line as many cookie sheets as needed (to fit all chicken pieces, not touching) with parchment paper; coat paper with the canola oil. About 2 or 3 tbsp per cookie sheet.
- After chicken has marinated, Empty the bag of chilled marinated chicken onto a paper towel lined tray. Lay more paper towels on top to pat dry. (It’s ok to leave some yogurt coating the pieces. It helps the “breading” stick. After removing excess yogurt, move chicken to a clean plate.
- Using tongs, place a few chicken pieces at a time in the pan of Almond Meal. Roll the chicken pieces around to coat. (Just use 1 cup of meal at a time. Work in batches. Add more meal to plate, as needed. You want to keep the almond meal as dry as possible.)
- Place the “breaded” chicken pieces on the lined cookie sheets. Leave enough room around each nugget to brown, and turn easily.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, turning chicken pieces over after the first 7 minutes of baking.
- Serve with AtlantaFresh Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing & Dip, or make your own Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip with a packet of organic powdered ranch mix and Plain Yogurt.
Make ahead, freeze and reheat in microwave for a healthy, handy bite.